Friday, December 22, 2017

Mitten Tidings



Today the Power Poppy team is bringing our Christmas greetings to each of you!  One of the things we’re going to do is showcase one our favourite Christmas card creations (which I’ll do in a minute). I did happen to have a new one I created the other day that I’ll show you first.  

This design was actually inspired by two things, the colours from this week’s Hues to Use at Power Poppy, and the lovely Katie Sims.  Katie did a card with a similar layout last week that I loved so I thought I’d incorporate it into this design.  I’m using the lovely Bough Wow Wow set, and it’s all coloured up with Copics.  To really accentuate the bough, I trimmed it out with a little border.  

Here’s the Hues to Use graphic showing these great traditional Christmas colours...



I’ve added some snowflakes on the kraft cardstock from our fun new set, Snow Kissed because of the cool nordic feel to the set.  I’ve also stamped the nordic pattern on the green layer in white craft ink.  



Finished off with a wood veneer heart, a couple of sparkly enamel dots and some pretty ribbon.  




Now for one of my all time favourite cards.  That’s a hard choice!  I finally narrowed it down to this one from 2015.  


I think the combination of a fun Power Poppy sketch, the unusual colour palette, and the gorgeous Poinsettia stamp set won me over, to make it my #1.  

Sending each of you much love and blessing this season.  Thank you for all of your warmth, support and kind comments over the year.  Praying that you will take some moments to be still, be renewed,  be loved  - and to love others richly over these next days.  Let’s make the world a better, more creative, more loving place by our investment in it.  


Here’s the beautiful Bloom Brigade with their Christmas Creation greetings for you today!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Christine and a Merry Christam to you and your Family
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

They are just beautiful, such great design on both cards and lovely coloring!
Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is so warm and charming! I adore the colors you choose and beautiful coloring. Merry Christmas sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Some of my all-time favorite Power Poppy sets. Love all the color in the mittens card. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas and will have a better-than-ever new year!

CherylQuilts said...

I love your favorite card for 2015. I love all your cards. And what a gorgeous card you made with the Hues to Use...so perfect for a Christmas card! I love these darling mittens in the Christmas array! Beautifully colored and such a great layout! Yes, I can see a "Katie" touch in your card...hehe! Beautiful, sweet friend! Hugs!