Monday, July 24, 2017

The Cat’s Pajamas July Hop!


Welcome to The Cat’s Pajamas July Release Hop!  We’ve had fun showing off these great newly released stamps, CutUps Dies and CutAble files this that are now available in the store!  

Today the whole team is going to show off a few more designs to celebrate, and I get to kick it all off.



I’m kicking it off with the Gnomes from the adorable new set, What’s Up Gnomie?  I randomly stamped one of the gnomes, the flower and the watering can onto white cardstock and then coloured the whole scene up with Copics in a bright blue and yellow colour palette that I thought would be fun.  

I added the folded banner from our new Ribbon Banner CutUps die and then finished it off with a few enamel dots.  




It’s a jumble of fun!  





Here’s the inside of the design, where I made use of the border of the outside where I had some extra space of coloured images.  Below are the Copics I used.  




For my second design I made use of the new Flowerpot CutAble file that Alma designed for this release.  

I thought the cute and innovative design for a card would go great with more of the gnomie designs.  I grabbed some cardstock that I think turned out to be Stampin’ Up cardstock, (sometimes when it’s scrap pieces it’s hard to tell what’s what).  It doesn’t hold the colouring as well as XPress It Blending cardstock, and tends to leave some streaking, especially with deep colours and lots of blending, but I still thought it was cute and added to that cartoon sort of feel of illustration.  Isn’t that little dude cute, sitting in the shade of the flowers?  The fun little mushrooms are another perfect touch.  I made use of the cutting files that Alma always provides for the sets that you’ll want to check out too!  






The top panel of the card with the grass pulls out from the pot so you have a place to write a sweet little note to your gnomies.  I used TCP’s Grass CutUps die for the patterned paper grass and then added some ribbon and used a plaid embossing folder for the bottom of the flower pot.  



Alma made a video to demonstrate the Flowerpot CutAble that you can check out too.

Here’s a peek at all the wonderful new sets and die....


 

 


Today also kicks off our new TCP Tuesday Challenge, How Does Your Garden Grow....join us and you could win Cat’s Cash to the TCP Store!




And now, the fun is just getting bigger and better, head on over to the lovely Julie Elak to check out her creative designs!


In case you get lost here’s the whole Hop Lineup!

Christine – you are here
Julie
Brenda
Deborah
Nancy
Wendy
Alma@The Cat’s Pajamas  



7 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Fun cards! Love the 1st one with such a pretty color combo! And a fun flowerpot shape on your 2nd card! The gnomes are adorable!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, these are adorable, and I love the colors you've used for the first card! They are two of my favorite shades of blue, and I love how you've filled the card front with all the sweet images...darling! And what a great idea to use the border for the inside...brilliant and such a great effect! And ah, the flower pot is adorable with the flowers, gnome, and mushrooms! Makes me smile and sure will make someone else smile when it's received! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing the newest release!! Hugs!

Super Stick Chick said...

Wonderful cards, love your mad coloring skills!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are cute and fabulous cards Christine
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Bright and fun and so, so cute! I love it and I'm leaving here smiling, Christine. Thanks!

Alma de la Rosa said...

So amazing Christine! As usual, your color is fabulous! I especially love how you decorated the interior of the card. So clever

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Both of your cards are great, but the colours on the first one ...... oh my gosh !!!! That colour !!!!!