Friday, November 18, 2016

Jewel Toned Poinsettias



Bringing you some Christmas cheer again today with this gorgeous set from Power Poppy called Poinsettia.  I rarely used jewel tones together, but since we’re doing a Think Pink Challenge, I thought it would be fun to pull some pretty pink, purple, teal and green colours together.  

I stamped the image several times with a cool grey ink, and then coloured it all up with Inktense pencils and my water brush.  I used a thicker cardstock instead of watercolour paper, because for some reason I feel like it keeps more of its pigment on cardstock.  If you don’t use too much water, it still works great.  

After the layers were coloured I cut it out and layered it together using foam dots in-between.  



Here’s a closer look at the dimension between the layers.  I added some sparkly pieces in the pennants, some teal sequins, and teal piece of cardstock embossed with a pine embossing folder.  

So, now I’ll hand it off to the rest of the Bloom Brigade playing along today...

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



Come on and join us in the Think Pink Challenge and you could win a Power Poppy set of your choice!


11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful and great colours Christine
Gr Karin

Nancy Thomas said...

A lovely card Christine. Anyone would be happy to receive this beauty in the mail.

Unknown said...

YOWZA! Well that's just gorgeous! Yes, your colors are FABULOUS! WOW!

905lovestostamp said...

I always love seeing what you have just created, Christine, and I think it's neat that you venture into different color combinations and styles--gives your cards a wonderful freshness and unique quality. Your kind heart always sings through whatever you create. Beautiful!

Camille Short said...

What an amazing creation! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Karen W said...

Christine this is just stunning, I love how you colored all of this.

Barbara said...

What an stunning array of colors on this card. They are certainly jewels and make a charming card. Love the close up of the flower.

Leslie Miller said...

Simply stunning coloring and design execution. Everything comes together so beautifully. I love the way you play with color.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the color combo!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and a lovely color combination. Such a pretty poinsettia.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Christine, this is gorgeous, and I LOVE the amazing colors and coloring! And what fabulous colors and a beautiful layout! I LOVE it all!! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo