Friday, January 2, 2015

Cheers for Cheerful Daisies


Hello Power Poppy fans!  Welcome to 2015 with the Bloom Brigade.  We’re so excited about what’s in store for Power Poppy in the year ahead.  Today we’re kicking it off with a round of sketches from Becky Fleck and CardMaps.  The team is showing off Becky’s new sketches for the month and they’re so fun!    

I began with the beautiful set Dynamic Duos: Glads and Gerberas, these gerberas are also available as a digi if you prefer that method.   I stamped them onto XPress it Blending Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloured with Copics and fussy cut them out because I wanted to give them some dimension.  After sponging some soft peach ink onto the background panel I popped them up.  This card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 inches.  

The pretty papers are Bo Bunny Pincushion.  


Here is the sketch that I got to play with...



A few finishing details include: running the toile pattern squares through the crimper both ways to give them that quilted feel, then sewing the panels on and accenting with this pretty stitched grossgrain ribbon, a punched tag, some baker’s twine and green pearls. 




Here’s the team playing along today....and we extend the invite to you to create along with us for the Power Poppy Peep of the Week!  We love seeing your creativity!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, I sighed when I saw your gorgeous colors! Wow! I love them, and what a beautiful layout and exquisite coloring! Totally love this card with the popped flowers! Thanks for the inspiration, sweet friend, and wishing you a blessed new year! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, the coloring is just perfect and I like how you gave it dimension!! Love the look of using the crimper to give it the quilted look, I will have to try that, I haven't used my crimper in years :)

Miranda said...

Beautiful!

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine! Love the papers and your daisies are divinely coloured! Great take on the sketch!

Leslie Miller said...

It's super cute with these papers and colors, Christine. We were totally on the same page, weren't we? I like how you crimped the DP, and the little tag is darling!

Ruthie said...

Oh my goodness ... Your work is gorgeous!

Linda Carson said...

You certainly brought that sketch to life in the most beautiful way! Gorgeous coloring and lovely textures!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine this is so fresh and springy. I like the papers and great sketch.