Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pray for Snow


Day Four of Sneaky Peek Week at The Cat’s Pajamas and we’ve got snowy penguins!  They’re all decked out for winter fun.  And since I’m a Canadian who sees winter about 5 months of the year, these guys are right at home making the most of it. 

This set is called Pray for Snow, and I played with it along with one of the new Cutables Files that Alma designed for this release the Triple Side-Step card.  So fun!  


I cut the card design with my Silhouette and the file from TCP and then cut my steps into a ski hill and a bit of an ice-skating pond.  What’s great about these cut files is that they also have the mats for the different sections in the files too.  It makes it easy-peasy.  I colored up my cutie pie penguins with Copics and then added them to their little spots.  The papers are Echo Park - Keepin’ Cozy, I thought the birch trees especially were great for the larger panel.  

I used the frame from Framed Up Two Cut Ups Dies with vellum behind to anchor the sentiment.  It’s like an icy window peeking out at the forest.  



Then for our skating friend I added some shimmery icicles by using the Icicles Cut Up Die on vellum, getting it inky with VersarMark ink and then embossing iridescent embossing powder overtop.  Then it’s rhinestones and seam binding to finish.  



Are these guys cute or what?  



Here’s another reminder that you can chat it up at the The Cat’s Pajamas Forum at Splitcoaststampers, each day Alma picks a winner and you get to walk away with the set for the day.



And don’t forget your invitation to the party!  We’ll be there with bells on!

Here’s the rest of The Cat Pack playing along today.  Have fun seeing what they have in store! 


Christine (you are here)

5 comments:

Becky said...

wow! What an awesome card.. Gorgeous design and the guys look like they are enjoying themselves :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

What an adorable card. These penguins are so cute enjoying their winter sports. My son love penguins so I could see these stamps finding their way into my craft room very easily;) I love the icicles.

Allison Cope said...

Awww... love this stamp set Christine! Love your fabulous step card - perfect little setting for your critters!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I just love this, such a great idea to use this step card for this little scene! They are just too cute, love the icicles!

Tricia T said...

You nailed it! THIS is the perfect winter card! Great papers, adorable penguins and a fantastic step up card!