Friday, July 25, 2014

A Banner Day!

Hello friends!  Friday has come around and the Power Poppy Bloom Brigade has another round of inspiring designs for you!


Today I pulled out the gorgeous Dynamic Duos: Peonies & Tulips to give some love to the peonies and a Happy Birthday design.  I pulled out some older MME paper to give some punch to the colours with some gorgeous corals and bright greens.  



Accents include white crochet lace, seambinding, baker’s twine, a button and some pretty Kraft sentiment banners. 


Here is the inside of the card.  I stamped the peonies again in SU Blush Blossom ink and lightly coloured a few more areas with my copics to softly give it definition. 



Here’s the Copics I used above.

  


And here’s the Bloom Brigade playing today!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Danielle Kennedy
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller




And be sure to check if you were the Power Poppy Peep of the Week on the Power Poppy blog!  You have another week to play along with us and get in the running for Power Poppy goodies!

Sunday starts our August Sneak Peeks and you are going to be SO HAPPY!  Can’t wait to show them to you!

8 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauw verry beautiful what a loveley collours!!
xx petra

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, how beautiful! I love these peonies and your beautiful colors and wonderful layout! What delightful elements you've added...and of course, made the inside as beautiful! Another beautiful and inspiring card!! Hugs!

Julie Koerber said...

Wowza is this a beauty! I love this paper too -- I don't know if I've ever seen these patterns from MME! Beautifully colored, beautiful layout -- just plain beautiful! And, I love seeing the colors you use. I wish I could get the results you do with just a handful of markers. Seems like I experiment and pull out nearly every marker! ;-) Have a good weekend sweet lady!

Leslie Miller said...

You're right about inspiring, Christine! I love how you use shading in your coloring, and with so few markers. That is one nice thing about these peonies -- they look fabulous without using 15 markers. Pretty papers and colors and always interesting designs!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Christine.
Gr Karin

Rosy Newlun said...

Woooo Christine! Your flowers (peonies, right?) I love that touch of BV00 you used in the flowers - it really brings the eye in.

Katie Sims said...

Ok, don't mind me...I'll just be staring at the screen, drooling over your fabulously colored peonies here. I agree with Leslie and Julie, what you can accomplish with just a few markers is mind boggling. I always love seeing what you are going to create next, and how you are going to color it, and what papers you choose....lol, yep....you are one incredibly inspiring lady! :)

Traci M said...

Gorgeous card...and with my favorite set so far!! Always love seeing the hues you create with your copics...but let's not forget all the other details!! Beautiful creation~