Saturday, June 14, 2014

TCP - Aye, Eye, I...


Argg Matey...I have a very fun set today The Cat’s Pajamas called Aye, Eye, I and it’s a great set that plays on words in the old rebus or pictogram style.  Remember those fun icon codes from childhood?


I mixed the rebus style with chalboard style to create this fun piratey design.  I embossed all the words in white onto black cardstock adding arrows, banners, dots and flourishes with my white Prismacolor Pencil to accent the design. Then its just a damp sponge adding some white ink in swipes to give it that chalboard feel.  I cut this out with TCP’s Framed Up 2 die.  

Then for fun, I mixed the awesome die that’s going to be released to create the pirate mustache to go with the eye patch.  


All this with some fun MME DP and some seam binding and some fun clips at the top and it’s done!

Here’s the CutUps die and the set....too fun!  




Now you can head out for some fun to see all the other creative ideas with this set at the TCP Blog and the Cat Pack!

Be sure to join us for the fun party on Monday night too!



2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

very creative sentiment you did there and love your pirate too, so fun!

Lisa H. said...

I wanted to use that stamp so badly, it stumped me. Soooo glad it didn't stump you. This is soooo creative and totally fantastic!