Monday, November 4, 2013

Precious Baby Boy

I am absolutely excited about a baby.  On Saturday, a new little one was born into the world and he’s already special to us.  It’s our first baby born to one of our students since we’ve been serving at this Church.  When we started with the Youth Ministry, almost 9 years ago, his mama was in grade 11.  We grew very close to her, performed her wedding to a wonderful guy a few years ago and now they’ve had a beautiful son.  I’m overjoyed for them, and since each of our students, current and former, is a bit like one of our own kids, I’m almost a “grandma” (wink!).  


I began with this beautiful baby set from Flourishes - Hello Baby.  I love the sweetness to the baby onesie and booties.  I stamped them on Flourishes Classic Ivory card stock with Tuxedo Black ink and then colored them with Copics.  I actually had the onesie coloured up for a long time,  but today when I wanted to make the card I realized it was a bit too blue for the paper I had chosen (some older Graphic 45 dp), so I went back and added some BG Copics onto the onesie and it worked better.  I love that about Copics.  It’s just so easy to change the tones of colours.  I saw the Mojo Monday Sketch this week and knew it would work well.  


I added a vellum tag underneath the onesie and booties because it would bring a softness to the design, as well as still show-off the pretty vintage babies in the dp  (Aren’t they precious?)  I added some Emerald Coast Cardstock to the top and sentiment on the tag and added some cream buttons, lovely lace and a couple of types of twine and crinkled cream seam binding to accent and give it a wee bit of vintage appeal.  

Sorry the photos are a little bit darker than I normally like, but especially since the “Fall Back” time change, way up here in Canada the late afternoons are getting much darker!

Hopefully I’ll get a couple of pictures of this sweet little-one soon and can show off his baby new-ness if his mommy and daddy are ok with it!

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Preciuos card and what a wonderful story. Amazing how times passes....little kids I taught Cubbies to at ages 3 & 4 are now in HS!

Conniecrafter said...

so precious, love that paper and the clothes are so cute!

Allison Cope said...

Awwww... what an amazing church family you have Christine! Such a beautiful gesture. Congrats on the new "member of the family"!

KarinsArtScrap said...

so adorable and a gorgeous card Chriatine.

gr karin

TLady said...

HOW SWEET!!!!!!!! I TOO LOOOOOVE BABIES!!! :) Your friends will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS WONDERFUL CREATION & your THOUGHTFULNESS!!!!:)IT'S PERFECT!!!!!:)

Rosy Newlun said...

How adorable and sweet! See I would have messed this up by stamping a goofy sentiment on the onsey! But this is just darling - congrats on your former student/now mommy's baby!!!

Greta said...

Oh what a wonderful card to welcome such a special little guy!