Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fruit and Berries

We love fruit grown from our yard.  We have many different varieties that we grow, even though we have a small yard; Cherries, Apples, Strawberries, Rhubarb and Raspberries are all at our place.  I've always thought that raspberries were the most fascinating fruit once you pull them off the stem with their hollow insides and the tiny little seeds of juice that pop in your mouth.  They're one of my favourite fruits.  :)


So I always love pulling out our Flourishes set Berry Sweet to play.  I stamped on Flourishes Classic Ivory with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and trimmed it out with our Tailor Made Classic Keyhole die, colouring it up with Copics, so it had that feeling of the berry seeds.  I also stamped the berries and raspberry sentiment in the background on the Color Made Easy Candy Pink layer in Memento Lilac Posies Ink.  


The designer papers are some older MME ones, I've accented with a Flourishes Classic Tag tied with Candy Pink Seambinding and some iridescent white string.  




So, there's my juicey, fruity post for today!  Thanks for dropping by.  I'll catch up with you on Friday for our Flourishes July Pre-Release Challenge!  Can't wait!

9 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Ooooh Christine! I am loving the deep berry papers, the diagonal ribbon and bow, and the multiple shades of berry colors used on the raspberries!!!! It's deep, rich, full of depth ♥

TLady said...

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!:) LOOOOOOOOVE this color of cardstock you chose & your coloring is MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!! These Raspberries look GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!:) YUM!!!!!!!!:) (We have Blackberries!) :)

Conniecrafter said...

mmmmm they look good enough to eat, love your ribbon treatment too!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card!Very Pretty!!!

Heather Rogers said...

Yummy, those berries look delicious! Your papers match perfectly to your raspberries too. :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card and design Christine.

greetings karin

Marisa said...

I want some raspberries now!! Fabulously coloured and a great card.

Unknown said...

Truely wonderful!!! Thanks for such inspiration! This is one of my favorite sets (not quite sure why I like things with fruit images but.....!!)and I love seeing it made up in different ways!

stampqueen said...

YUUUMMMIE!!! LOVE those colors!!!