Monday, June 3, 2013

Embossed Roses


I'm working behind the scenes on lotsa-lotsa gang :)  All good stuff that I know you'll love, but I can't let you see these things yet...so I thought I'd pull out another very lovely design with the Old Tea Rose set.  This time showing it off with some embossing and copic colouring.    I stamped with VersaMark Ink on our Flourishes Classic Kraft card stock, embossing with white powder.  The key to colouring on embossing with copics is to stay away from the edges of the embossing.  You don't want anything to clog your copic nibs.  

So I just added some pretty coral-red to the flowers, and a little bit to the cut out butterfly.  Then I added some designer paper from Carta Bella's So Noted, some wide chevron striped green ribbon, some lovely lace and a few enamel dots from the Memories Collection, all on a base of Tiger Lily Color Made Easy Cardstock.  


I hope to have something to show off to you tomorrow too :)  Thanks for dropping by! 





6 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautifully done! LOve how you embossed it in white! Loving your new avatar picture too :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Christine what a great embossing.

greetings karin

Patti J said...

Can't wait to see what you are working on so diligently and secretly! This card is gorgeous! Beautifully done :) Thanks for sharing!

Ita said...

Hi Beautiful card and very different ,thanks for the inspiration
Smiles
Ita

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow the coloring against that white embossing on the kraft cardstock is just Beautiful, really makes it pop, can't wait to see what you have been working on :)

TLady said...

VERY PRETTY CHRISTINE!!! (I'm thinking it's a NEW MONTH...!!!!!!! NEW STAMPS????) :) Can't wait to see!!!!!! :)