Saturday, January 5, 2013

Project 365 - We've Arrived at Week 52!

WOW!  A whole year has passed since I started my 365 Photography Project.  What started out as a way for me to learn about my new DSLR Camera, became this experience in seeing the world differently, capturing it in artistic ways and photo-journalling through our year as a family.

I so appreciate all the kind comments you've left me, encouraging words and the ways you've come to know me and my family better.  So many of you have asked if I'll be doing 365 again this year.  I've gone back and forth on that one.  While I've loved doing this, and still have so far to go in what I know about photography (so I could use the practise!), it's also a big committment to plan for photos every single day.  And with this year looking a little different for us in our schedule (I'll have more on that in the next few weeks), I'm not wanting to tie myself down too much either.

So, I've decided I'll do a photo of the week.  Some weeks it just might be 7 photos, some weeks it might be 1.  It just depends on what I have time for!  One of my goals for the year ahead is to take an online photography course (any good recommendations out there????).  So this will still give me a chance to practise, especially now that I have 2 great new lenses. :)  Sound ok to you?


I love when you can catch natural expressions on your kids, and it's not easy to always catch them!  Our daughter was laughing about something and I love the expression on her face.  And then, look at all that hair!  It's pretty much to her waist now.  She has such beautiful hair.  


Anticipation.....My sister-in-law plays this game with her kids where she touches their tummy and says some rhyme in Ukranian (from her childhood), all leading up to the tickling phrase.  You can see the kids just waiting for it.  :)


And here's the tickle giggles!  



Star Wars Exhibit....after I got over that blechy stomach flu we took the kids to do some fun things with what was left of their Christmas vacation.  One of the things we did was go to a big Star Wars Exhibit at our Space and Science Center.  To say that I was a bit of a hard-core Star Wars fan growing up would be an understatement.  (The originals mind you).  But ...be still my heart, Han Solo???? Yep, he was my teenage crush.  The exhibit was really fun, so interactive, and TONS of cool Lucasfilm costumes from the movies that the actors wore, plus many many props, models they used in filming and original story board drawings.  It was really awesome.  All that and you got to create your own Star Wars Character based on your identity.  


The Millenium Falcon.  The detail on these is amazing.  Really a treat to take the kids.  Taken through a glass barrier (temperature controlled and everything  - so that explains the red reflection).  

So that's all I have for you this week!  Look forward to catching up more as the week goes on.  Back to work, back to school....


5 comments:

Marisa said...

So glad you are doing photo's still this year. My daughter got a Cannon Rebel T3i for Christmas so if you find out about any good on-line photography classes let me know. Such a neat camera - may have to play with it myself LOL!

My son is all over Star Wars - the movies, Lego, shirts etc. Had to giggle at Han Solo comment. He was a looker wasn't he :) Had to laugh as my daughter just realized Han Solo and Indiana Jones were the same guy LOL! She had a hard time wrapping her mind around that one.

Look forward to hearing about your new year :)

Doris J said...

I love your blog. You always keep it interesting.
You have done an amazing job with your photography.
I love jessicasprague.com classes. I took her "Oh Shoot" class which was awesome, but she also has other more specific or more advanced photography courses. Her classes are a lifetime accessibility, so I will be doing it again now, since I got a full fledged DSLR camera for Christmas.
Many blessings in the new year,
Doris

TLady said...

GREAT PICTURES Christine! :) We went to the Star Wars Exhibit a few years back in Ohio! Our kids LOOOOVED IT!!!!!! It WAS VERY INTERESTING & I'm not even a Star Wars fan! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Awww, such sweet pictures! Thank you for sharing! ~S~

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your photos so I look forward to any that you share!
Beth Greco