Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Blossom Birthday



How about another peek at the December Releases from Flourishes today?  The Design Team has another peek for you with these beautiful sets and accessories. 

I decided to use the beautiful bouquet image from Winter Blossoms for a Birthday card.  


When I asked Marcella what each flower was just to make sure I had it all right she told me these are Lenten Roses, Crocuses, Pussy Willows and Winterberries.  I love the look of Lenten Roses and they do come in this pretty green shade too, so I thought I'd create a cool shade bouquet.  I began by using my Silhouette Cut File for this image from the Flourishes store, cutting out the shape and stamping with Stazon ink because I knew I wanted to watercolor.  Then I pulled out my Letraset Aqua Markers to give some life to the scene.  

I used the Flourishes Color Made Easy Collections in True Blue and Crocus, for my cardstock, and then Echo Park's Winter Wishes dp, with some pretty sewing.  


For the sentiment I used on of our new Flourishes Custom dies, this one is the Perfectly Pierced Classic Window Die.  The sentiment is stamped Elderberry Memento Ink, and then a smaller blossom from the set is stamped in Summer Sky Memento.  Then a pretty bow in some Sky Blue Collection Seam Binding, with a True Blue Collection Button and a little Iridescent String to tie it on.  

So hop on around and have another peek at this beautiful release!  

Remember these sets are available in the New Release Bundle at a discount for today only!  

12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow very beautiful Christine and beautiful colors you have chosen.

greetings karin

Mary Ann said...

AWESOME!Beautiful card,love the stamp...

Tricia T said...

Beautiful! The watercoloring is SO pretty!

Allison Cope said...

Such a beauty in blue, yellow and lavender! Love it Christine!

Karen W said...

So pretty and such pretty colors!

TLady said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) HAVE A WONDERFUL MERRY CHRISTMAS with your loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty colors and coloring, love your bow at the base, perfect touch to it!

Marisa said...

Wonderful image of flowers - can't wait till spring - not good as the first day of winter is today LOL! Great colouring and a lovely card.

dpkennedy said...

Love the green Lenten Roses! Beautiful Christine! Have a Merry Christmas!

Joan V said...

This is so pretty . I love the colors that you chose. Thanks for sharing.

stampqueen said...

Just beautiful - love the purples and blues!!!!
Have a Great Christmas!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous Christine! Love the colors you used!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, hugs ~S~