Saturday, December 8, 2012

Project 365 - Week 48


A taste of our week here...

 

The fabrics came for the redo of our daughter's room.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I love all the colors and patterns.  And my mom's already finished sewing all the bed items, the duvet cover, bed skit and shams.    Can't wait to see it all!


Let me let you in on this dialogue between my husband and our oldest son at a family BD party. 

"Son, stay here and take a picture with us...."

"No Dad, I don't want to be in the picture, I'm going to go get a chocolate."


"Here son, let me grab you so you stay in the picture"

"EEE!"


"Here son, let me tickle you so you can't leave"

"NO DAD!  Ahhhh!"


"Here son, stay with me"

"I'm only grinning, and holding your hand so you won't tickle me anymore!  Take the picture quick mom!"


Our youngest and his little cousin love to build forts or tents out of blankets, chairs and pillows.  This was inside of one they constructed the other night.  


Each year our Pastoral staff and spouses go for a mini-team building retreat in the mountains in early December.  The house we rent can sleep 16 people, and it's amazing. This is the beautiful view outside.  


On the day the boys went skiing, we girls went for a mountain walk.  It was gorgeous.  


The mountains in the background are called the Three Sisters.  They all even have names :)


These ladies are awesome people in my life.  


And just look how spectacular the view is.  Sigh.  One of my favourite places in the world.  

Have a great Sunday people!  


6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You have a beautiful family,very beautiful place...

Anonymous said...

I'm coming your way for the month of January and would love to take in some of these beautiful sights!
Loving the interactions with your boys! So great to see families have fun together!
Beth Greco

Karen McAlpine said...

Love the fabrics!! I hope you will not tease us with the fabrics without showing the finished items!! (Fabrics are my second love behind stamps. LOL) Great fun photos.

Marisa said...

Love how hubby got your son in the picture LOL! Well done dad :) Great pictures and can't believe you will be doing all that sewing - yikes! Ah yes, blanket forts :) Great set of pictures.

TLady said...

CAN'T WAIT to see your daughters' room all done!!!!!!!! :) I'm SURE she can't either! :)
AND when they get to a certain age, they don't want in those pictures anymore! At least your son wanted to leave for GOOD REASON, CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!! :)
Those are the days of carefree living, throw a blanket up & have FUN! :)
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :) JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) THANKS FOR SHARING THESE MOMENTS WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Bobbi Miller said...

If I ever get to Canada, I am going to have to find you and your lovely family. I just LOVE Sundays on your blog! Look at those great photos of your hubby and boys. And that fabric? Cannot WAIT to see the finished products. You will post pics, won't you? And the scenery? Well, what can one say about God's Creations? Absolutely stunning! Your photo of your friends is so nice. You have made my day and put a smile on my face Christine! Bless you All! :-)