Sunday, November 11, 2012

Acorn Place Settings

I have a fun and simple little project for you for your Autumn, or (American) Thanksgiving Table.  It's what I did at our Thanksgiving table this year in October.  It's very cute I think.  A little acorn treat box with removable lid and a place card for your table setting.


The Acorn Box is a Silhouette cut file that I think is ADORABLE.  I stamped the acorn bottom before assembly with Flourishes pretty Falling Leaves Stamp Set in Rich Cocoa Memento Ink.  Then before I assembled the top of the box I use the Ossie Dots Embossing Folder to simulate the dotted texture of an acorn top.  I used our Color Made Easy Rich Browns collection for papers and assembled with Scor Tape for strength to the box.   


On the little place card I inked the acorn and leaves in Rich Brown and Bamboo Leaves Memento Ink onto Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock, colored them with Copic Markers (New FieldsRich Browns and Green Grass Collections,  and trimmed out the little parts, then added them onto the place card in a little cluster on a Spellbinders Labels Eleven shape scored in half and folded.  The little acorns were a sweet find from a quilt store long ago.  

Below are some more closeups of the acorn box.  




And inside of course are some jelly-beans.  Candy corn would have been better, but I didn't have it on hand!  

Hopefully that's a little idea that inspires you or that you can try out as well!


8 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous acorn!! Totally cute and what a great little package for some goodies. Great place setting too!

TLady said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!! You did a SUPER JOB on this Christine!I REALLY LIKE the Acorn you made! :) LOOK at those leaves on the place card too! SO REALISTIC! EVERYTHING is SOO PRETTY!!!!!!! :) THANKS FOR SHOWING US! :)

Conniecrafter said...

that box is too cute, and I just love the place card, just lovely!

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable Christine! This is a fun little box, darling place setting.

Karen McAlpine said...

Very sweet. Love your idea for the place card--really cute!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous project you have made Christine.

greetings karin

Joan V said...

Cute projects. I love the place cards, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Diane said...

super~super cute...wish I had a Silhouette...maybe someday, but this is adorable!!