Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lovely Lenten Roses


This card is going to someone today who could use an extra word of love and encouragment in their recovery.  It's really not easy when illness is prolonged, so I wanted to send something cheerful...with this beautiful reminder from Psalm 46.  "Be Still and know that I am God".  

I had a lot of fun coloring this Flourishes Lenten Rose up on Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock with Copics and pairing it with this beautiful paper from Authentique - Gathering.  It's orange and soft blue tones were the inspiration for the palette. I've edged out parts of the design with my Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilties, and then accented with thin light blue/aqua velvet ribbon, some pretty peach Satin Finish Cotton ribbon, and finishing off with some facted hearts.  


Here's the Copic Collections I used:


+ BG09, BG93, BG96, BG0000


Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope it's a good Monday for each of you!  Our daughter has the day off so I'll be spending it doing some girl bonding with her!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Gorgeous flowers and loving the colour combo! I'm sure this will lift her spirits when she receives it :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome card....Love the colors...

Heather Rogers said...

WOW Christine! Absolutely stunning girl. I love love how the flowers look water colored and they match your papers perfectly. Surely this will bring that special someone up and brighten their day. So sweet of you. :)

Hugs~

Joan V said...

Wow, this is really beautiful. What a lovely card to send some cheer and prayers to someone.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh wow Christine!! This is gorgeous!! I just love your aqua and orange combo!! The coloring is amazing and it matches the dp beautifully!! Very elegant. You are amazingly talented! Hope all is well!!
hugs,
Chris

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD Christine!!!!!!!!!! This card will be SURE to cheer up your friend!!!!!!!! You did a FABULOUS JOB on it!!!!!!!! LOVE all the little extras you did on this!!!!!!!! :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous flowers and coloring Christine, stunning card.

greetings karin

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my Christine, such Beautiful coloring and lovely design, I am sure this is going to be a very encouraging card, sure to lift their spirits!

Linda Carson said...

Lovely! This will brighten their day!