Thursday, August 16, 2012

Muchas Gracias


As most of you know, not quite two weeks ago we returned from Mexico City, having taken our students and our family on a missions trip to a Church we've worked with for the past 6 years.  The week before we left I made a bunch of Thank You cards to take along.  A wee bit nutty to take on a big project with all the details that had to be done before we left, but I persevered and I love how they turned out.  I used last year's beautiful FLIP set With Gratitude set from Flourishes.  Which has been a favourite of mine all year long, and now it's available to everyone!  What a particularly love is the numerous sentiments in different languages you can use - perfect for this occasion!


Here are the 16 cards above....

I played around a little with using different types of ink for my images, Memento Tuxedo Black like usual, and then Memento Toffee Crunch as well both on Flourishes Classic White Cardstock.  I'm sure you've seen many people using this lighter type of ink with their images as it gives you an almost borderless image when coloured.  This was the first time I had tried it.  I did two images in each type of ink and thought I'd show you the comparison.

You can click on these photos to make them larger and see the differences in ink.


You can see each color/style compared to each other.  


On the left - Memento Toffee Crunch and on the right Memento Tuxedo Black.  You can see it looks more like a painted image and the detail lines of the stamp are not nearly as evident.  I found that it's really good to use a wide colour range of markers starting with a really light marker otherwise it's really hard to colour in details.  


On the left Toffee Crunch and on the right Tuxedo Black...I really like how the yellow ones turned out.  


And the bluebells done in Toffee left, Tuxedo Black right.  I think the purple colouring turned out better than the blue below.  


Here's the closeup of the cards. I inked just part of the sentiment strip using the Spanish much thanks on each one.  





Fireflies Embossing Folder above on the deep pink.  



Simple designs, each with their own embossed background layer, cuts in the Floral Ovals Spellbinders with Scalloped Ovals cut in to make a windowed design, and then the main image in Classic Ovals.  All of them were coloured with Copic Markers, but I'll be honest I didn't write down what I used, and now that it's a month later, I can't remember!  Sorry gang!  

Join the rest of the Design Team to see their Flourishes Friday creations with this month's New Releases!  Remember you only have one more day to redeem the New Release Bundle at a Discount!

Christine Okken (you are here)

14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Christine gorgeous cards you have made.
And the colors wow stunning also the flowers.

greetings karin

Francie (Montreal) said...

You cards really caught my eye. They're lovely! The colours are gorgeous. Thank you for the demo on the two inks. It does make a difference.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my your coloring is just Amazing, either way you do it they are perfect! very cool framing and use of the dies, Lovely creations!

flourishes said...

Absolutely beautiful group of cards. I love the comparison you made using the different colors. It is amazing how much of a difference the color makes for the base of the image.
Jan Marie
Flourishes

Stacy Morgan said...

These are gorgeous Christine and so very thoughtful. I know they appreciate these and your time spent with them. Outstanding coloring as always!

Sewflake said...

Bright and cherry, just beautiful.

Lynne said...

Truly beautiful. Love the Flourishes stamps and the composition.

Marisa said...

These are fabulous!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Christine, your set of cards is gorgeous! I love all the different layouts!!! Hugs ~S~

Marlena M. said...

Thank you for the comparison photos~both versions are AMAZING. Lovely cards!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! These are wonderful! Wish I could color--I know--practice, practice, practice--LOL. Thank you for showing the difference in the inks. All are beautiful & love your design!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are beautiful, Christine! I have tried using London Fog ink in the past, but believe it or not I can't stay inside the lines when I use a paler shade of ink! LOL Maybe I'll try again sometime since your cards as so inspiring!

Denise Marzec said...

These colors are awesome! All so bright and cheery!

Joan V said...

These cards are all so beautiful. Thanks for showing the difference in the inks used to stamp the images. As always, love your coloring. Thanks for sharing.