Monday, June 18, 2012

Ready for Takeoff

I'd like to be ready for take-off somewhere fun right now too!  :)  But instead I've made it in card form.   This week The Cat's Pajamas had a challenge to create something that could be taken by the wind, or blown on.  I thought GREAT!  I have some TCP stamps for that....I read a little too late that it also needs a TCP die for the challenge, which I don't have.  Oh well, this will be a graduation card for one of my girls that finished her photo-journalism degree.  I'm really proud of her, and excited for the pathways ahead for her.


Copic coloring, paper piecing (with MME - Howdy Doody paper), Spellbinders Edgeabilities, some twine holding the air banner and some pretty ribbon....that's all she wrote!  


I really love the idea of a flowery-gingham plane with a bunny pilot {giggle}!  

11 comments:

Marisa said...

The paper piecing is delightful :) Darling card and I'm sure she will love it :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

o what a adorable and beautiful card christine.

greetings karin

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a cute card! I want a gingham plane too - with flowers no less! Super cute and congrats to your daughter!

Tricia T said...

What an adorable card! The colors and paper piecing just make it happy!

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute Christine. I like that you paper pieced the plane. This made me giggle too.

Leslie Miller said...

So cute, Christine! The papers and colors are wonderful! Really love the paper pieced airplane!

Pastor Terry said...

Let's go somewhere warm with a beach and ocean view

Conniecrafter said...

so adorable, I love the paper piecing, cute way to do the sentiment and love the layered borders!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwww, how cute!!

cherry said...

so cute and I love the papers you chose!

Anonymous said...

This is really adorable! I love that TCP guy he is so fun to paper piece hey! Wicked card!