Monday, May 21, 2012

Go Forth and Eat Cake

Good evening on a lovely Victoria Day for us in Canada.  Which means, we had a long weekend, and it was a good one!  Family time, dinner with friends, kids with friends over, my husband and our middle son joining other Dads and sons in the youth group for paint-ball, all good stuff.

I managed to SQUEEK in the TCP Challenge from this past week tonight.  It's a Sketch Challenge and I made a fun little HB card - as in Happy Birthday.


I thought it had a sort of Americana look - in a fresh new palette.  Mr. Bunny is colored with Copics and paired with MME Dolled Up DP, with some stitching and scalloped accents.  Because the paper has some woodgrain in it I highlighted that on the "hb" circle with a woodgrain texture plate, and then mimiced that in the corduroy button.  


So I encourage all of you....Go Forth and Eat Cake!  Birthday or not!  :)

Thanks for dropping by!  

Stamps - TCP - Forget about the Cake; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Paper:  Flourishes Classic White, Soft Sky, MME - Dolled Up;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Woodgrain Textured Impressions Plate, Eyelet Scalloped Punch, Corduroy Button, Twine, Seam Binding, Sewing Machine, Copic Markers - R35, R37, R32, C1, C3, C5, B01, B05, B07, Y38

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and beautiful christine.

greetings karin

Amy Sheffer said...

So adorable, Christine! I love the "hb" sentiment and the bits of white scallops peeking out. Awesome coloring too (of course)! Amazing take on the TCP Tuesday sketch!

Marisa said...

Cute image and love the diagonal tab. Darling card :)

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!! Love the colors and coloring Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

he is too cute peeking out from the cake, I so love the look of wood grain behind him, great color combo!

Stacy Morgan said...

Super cute! This is so fresh feeling, great colors and sketch. Enjoy your long weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Super cute and wonderful colors! I really like the sentiment, too!

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE my friend! FAB mix of papers and I LOVE the "hb" in the circle!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this card is so fun, I love the colors and what a great layout!